Sunday, April 5, 2015

A Lane Through Time

Two shadows moving through time

After moving to Eugene, Oregon, I signed up for my first writing group. Called the Lane Literary Guild, I was surprised that I had to send a check by surface mail to join. The experience was just like going back in time. My new office is a room at the side of a house in a residential neighborhood of Eugene. I began life in just such a house. Back then there were only dial phones and all payments had to be cash or a check. I carried the mail out to the mailbox and put the letter in it for the mail carrier to pick up. How quaint!

I asked why I could not sign up on-line, and was told that they were too small and didn't have the programming expertise to add on-line payments to their site. Very sad.

This week I will contact the Wordos of Eugene and see if they will accept me as a member.

No comments:

Post a Comment