Saturday, October 25, 2014

Poor Man's Burning Man

Davina The Dragon




As usual, I attended the Burning Man Decompression in San Francisco. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I have never been able to attend the actual Burning Man event. So decompression will have to do. Of all the events in San Francisco it is probably one of the best. Not only are there examples of actual Mutant Vehicles there, such as this Davina The Dragon car, but there were also the usual and the unusual dining places, including a booth that sold aphrodisiac tea.

At one point a small marching band passed by, and at another point a Russian man dressed as a bunny on stilts strode past. There was even a car that appeared to have toilet seats for windows.
Aluminum Car With Port Holes
There were more than a dozen dance areas, as well as one silent dance area where the dancers all wore wireless headphones. Perhaps next year will be my chance to attend the actual Burning Man. I will keep my fingers crosses and wait the arrival of good fortune.
The Lost Tea Party
 If anyone out there is going next year and needs an old coot to tag along, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment